Partnership in an operational company
You can also become a partner in an existing enterprise. In this case, you should also look into the following issues before the acquisition:
- Are the operations profitable?
- How much debt does the enterprise have (in a general partnership or as a general partner in a limited partnership, you are responsible for the partnership’s liabilities with your entire personal property)?
- What is the volume of orders in hand?
- What is the future outlook for the enterprise and the sector?
- How is your partner as a person; can you trust him or her, do the two of you get along?
Use the assistance of an outside expert for the investigations in order to avoid any surprises in the future.
For further information on enterprises for sale, please refer to the Yrityspörssi website of the Federation of Finnish Enterprises, or at www.yrityskaupat.net.